SISD #41 - Overcoming Doubts and Doubters with Kara Goldin
- Being Curious - How you can keep asking “Why?” to better understand the truth behind why things are a certain way, and not accepting what you hear at face value.
- The Value of Experiences - When things don’t go how you expect, at least you have the story and lessons from it.
- Exploring Fear - Commit to overcoming small fears over and over again in order to cultivate self-confidence and belief.
- The Nature of Doubts - No matter who you are, when you do something differently people are going to disagree and question you because they aren’t comfortable with it.
- “With all of your experiences you gain strength.”
- “Sometimes you have a goal that’s scary, and you don’t get there, or you fail, but you stop somewhere else along the way.”
- “You have to think for yourself. Everyone else’s opinion and path is their own thing. Find your own thing.”
- “Being undaunted means continuing to move forward and live that way. If you find yourself paralyzed then you have to figure out how you do move forward.”
Kara Goldin is the founder and CEO of Hint, a water flavoring company that has taken on the beverage industry by using natural ingredients and giving consumers a tasty, healthier option. Kara has a brand new book called "Undaunted: Overcoming Doubts and Doubters" where she recounts the obstacles, triumphs and tribulations she’s encountered in her career.