SISD #57 - Existing Among Others with Kerrie Phipps
- Fear and Love - They are the two elements of life that guide our motivation to do everything, and they always have throughout human history
- Talking About Strangers - The word provokes a certain response from people, but there’s a lot of undiscovered value to engaging with people you don’t know.
- Awkwardness - It’s all about self-judgment. Others aren’t judging you or watching you to anywhere near the same extent as you are.
- “Strangers are people.”
- “The first physical shift is eye contact and a sample, but before that is self-awareness and self-awareness of others.”
- “We don’t want to feel awkward but when we do we can embrace it and laugh it off, and that could be a powerful connector.”
- “Self-confidence is feeling free to be yourself, to be who you are, to step out into the world and express yourself.”
Kerrie is a speaker, leadership coach, and the author of 10 books, the latest of which is titled “How to talk to strangers”.