SISD #51 - The Lost Art Of Connecting with Susan McPherson
- Creating Constellations - Networking isn’t meant to be transactional, it’s something that lasts a lifetime where connections are interwoven and dynamic.
- The Gather-Ask-Do Method - First, you need to be intentional about how you want around you. Then you ask meaningful questions to learn what others care about. Then last you “do” by coming from a place of service and finding unique ways to add value.
- Using the Power of Compliments - When you subtly highlight someone and acknowledge them for their skills or expertise, you demonstrate that you paid attention and you help them feel heard and seen.
- “My philosophy is about ‘How can I be helpful?’ not ‘What can I get?'’’
- “Every single person has something to offer and every single person has connections to others.”
- “The more deep, meaningful relationships you have the more you can tap for when you need help."
Susan is the CEO of McPherson Strategies, a communications consultancy focused on the intersection of brands and social impact. With 25+ years of marketing and PR experience, Susan is an expert at helping people find their voice and is even a Vital Voices Corporate brand ambassador.